[kictanet] Website - I GAVE A BRIBE

James Muendo timrick at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:47:49 EAT 2011

Am with Andrea on this one.Am looking at the end result more.I will report,I
will even sign a petition for Kiraitu to leave office because of the major
increase of fuel prices and then there is no supply of fuel in the fueling
stations.But does it ensure that the change I want to happen has happened?If

All in all its a good imitative

On 5 May 2011 16:33, Norman Boinett <nboinett at gmail.com> wrote:

> A solution had been developed and publicized in this list a few months ago.
> visit www.overlap.co.ke and revert.
>
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Francis Hook <francis.hook at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> How about one modeled on Ushahidi with some few common categories (traffic
>> police, regular police, immigration, city council, judiciary, public
>> service, etc).   Then perhaps we can see patterns emerging and if KACC are
>> watching, then they can better monitor certain geographic
>> regions/localities/offices by type of graft.
>>
>> Also interesting information that can be gathered - esp when it comes to
>> our  awareness of our rights, whether such posts can contain details of why
>> a bribe was eventually paid - most times we are (or suspect we are) on the
>> right side of the law but get frustrated for nothing (rather frustrated to
>> offer a bribe) - e.g. a non-traffic policeman keeping you at the roadside
>> assking abt fire extinguishers, safety triangles, etc....).   Or a school
>> head delaying with admission of a qualified child, or a customs agent
>> delaying processing of documents, etc.
>>
>> Another feature, and assuming people are really honest and not malicious -
>> if such data could be collated to size up how much we fork out every
>> day/week/month and what for...now THAT would be interesting.
>>
>> On 5 May 2011 15:26, Eric Aligula <jairah at kippra.or.ke> wrote:
>>
>>> Colleagues
>>>
>>> Just a thought.  As we operationalise county governments, what is the
>>> possibility of setting up a website that would allow those who have or are
>>> forced to or are aware of situations where bribes have been given and/or
>>> asked to anonymously tell their stories?
>>>
>>> Can I hear from the community?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>
>>> EMA
>>>
>>> The Lord bless thee and keep thee ........

>> --
>> Francis Hook
>> +254 733 504561

James M. Muendo

P.O Box 28016 - 00200,
Nairobi.
Mobile: +254725567508
skype:tim.rick      | Twitter: Mmuendo    | gtalk:
timrick<http://muendoshead.blogspot.com/>