[kictanet] Website - I GAVE A BRIBE

Francis.Hook at gmail.com Francis.Hook at gmail.com
Thu May 5 16:44:54 EAT 2011

@Andrea, in a sense it would be "nice to know" - nice to know to avoid
Ngong Road at 6pm because of errant cops....nice to know that I just need
abt half a mil to get a murder charge dropped :-) No but seriously....even
if there is no action...at least there will be growing indications of how
big the problem is....and if Kenyans can be sensitised about this...then
the action can start with them...to avoid the pitfalls, to start taking
pictures and recordings knowing that there IS a place to take this - even
if KACC or the police do nothing, it puts to shame those doing it.

@Norman - that site, yes, based on Ushahidi - but the premise I think was
wrong and its mainly traffic and road related. And most of the info it
collects is overt (except the police bribes) - the rest of the issues we
either know about or are not really measurably relevant (eg reckless
driving can be on a short stretch of Mpaka Road (electric avenue) at
3am...or it can be from Kangemi all the way to Westlands by a bus... - how
does knowing that help? With corruption, its an unseen evil and most times
fixed to certain places.

My two zlotys