[kictanet] Government helpless as cyber criminals target women

Victor Bwire victor at article19.org
Thu May 5 12:58:10 EAT 2011

Hi

Interesting but the article did not cover some issues- I am told that the main reason the unit was disbanded- the team became rogue- remember a Kenyan arrested in Israel with 100 million bob shopping for some computer soft ware to facilitate inter-banking cash transfer- when asked- he says he is the head of the cyber crime, an inspector of police( It was true)- and was sent by the Kenyan Government to purchase the soft ware- when Police Commissioner is asked- he is not aware- CID- boss- not aware-  he was deported to Kenya, interdicted but has since been reinstated. The name is public

Remember some CCTV footage at KICC that caught some guys with huge some of monies- identification indicated some officers from the squad-
the rest is history- am told something is being done.