[kictanet] Digital Villages - Edwin Onchari

eonchari at lynxbits.com eonchari at lynxbits.com
Wed Mar 30 12:01:48 EAT 2011

A 20 something year old from my local village in Kisii with little to nil prior business experience signs up for the  DV loan, and starts up the business. The question they need to be asking themselves is- " how do I pay back my loan"?...in other words, where is the business going to come from and is it sustainable?

Given this, I was to suggest (and I have stated this in my posts) that the govt can provide a sizable source of business for the DVs using the BPO model.

At least now one thing is pretty clear, never ask GOK hard questions (not even in 2011), else you are negative and unpatriotic.

Edwin