[kictanet] STAKEHOLDERS COMMENTS ON IANA FUNCTIONS-my comments

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:45:35 EAT 2011

HI Adam,

Too late indeed, but could be helpful for KENIC in summarising the
discussion, the central theme of which seemed to be reflected by ALACs
text, which may be useful to KENIC:

"Currently the approval process by the DoC of the US Government in
respect of requests of change of root zone records is hardly
consistent with the above- mentioned goals. It may be suggested that
the DoC’s approval process be eliminated including but not limited to
ccTLD request of change process."

BTW, attendance was disappointingly sparse, despite the many Kenyans
who have taken leadership roles in Internet Governance in recent
years.

<sigh>

--
Cheers,