[kictanet] Orange hoodwinked on Telkom purchase (Odhiambo Washington)

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Wed Mar 23 15:17:52 EAT 2011

Robert,
You really know how to hurt.  But Aung San Suu Kyi encourages me with very
kind words "The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is
freedom from fear".  If we fear to do things because we shall be
criticised, then we shall have not done much.  I have great respect for
local talent.  The sale of TKL had nothing to do with the colour of those
to run it.  Indeed it was not part of the TOR.  They happen to have been
the highest bidders.

We have learnt a great deal from the transaction and we have many years
before our decisions can be judged the way you have done.  The playing
field has changed from your comparators.  I am pretty sure even the best
mind could not compete in the present day with a staff compliment of
19,000.

IBM study was an exercise done on pro bono basis.  It was not their colour
because the outcome is what we all knew and it serves us well it
authenticates our suspisions.

Have a great day.

Regards

Ndemo.

> Hi
>
> I would first like to quote the late Jaramogi Odinga Oginga from the cover
> of
> his book "Not Yet Uhuru" (nothing to do with the Hague bound fellow) we
> need a
> liberation of the mind only then can we liberate the body.
>
> Those in government who decided that Telkom needed to be sold to
> foreigners need
> to liberate their minds of the notion that only a light skinned person
> carries
> in brain in their skulls.  The rest of us are equally as guilty with our
> love
> for what is foreign and refuse to heed the cries of Ganthi where is
> wondered
> what did his grand mother wear before the white man came, a Sari and what
> does
> my wife wear, a Sari.  The difference was the source of the material his
> grand
> mothers was local his wife's imported.
>
> Do you remember the All Africa games, reminds me of a book we read in
> school
> called the Government Inspector well that continues to date.
>
> The management fiascos at Orange are a clear indication that they are not
> superior to us, the Cheserems and Wawerus kept the organisation afloat
> with all
> the Shenanigans of those in government, I strongly believe if they where
> given
> the current environment they would be able to grow the business to
> greater heights.
>
> PCK does not need IBM consultants to tell them what they need to do to
> recover
> but since we, indigenous Kenyans, will do nothing for free then there goes
> the
> opportunity.
>
> Orange where hoodwinked by intelligent Kenyans who knew what they where
> doing,
> it is unfortunate that we cannot use the same skills and abilities for
> good.
>

>  Robert Yawe
> KAY System Technologies Ltd
> Phoenix House, 6th Floor
> P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200
> Kenya
>

> Tel: +254722511225, +254202010696

> From: Edwin Onchari <eonchari at lynxbits.com>
> To: robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk

dangerous content by Jambo MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.