[kictanet] problem inherent in how mobile money transactions aredone

Dorcas Muthoni dmuthoni at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 10:00:37 EAT 2011

This just happened to me 30 minutes ago. Luckily i just dismissed the caller
and asked them to call Safaricom to recover the money instead. I will just
forward the text to MPESA fraud. The call and SMS came from the same number
while ordinarily the SMS notifications came from MPESA.

Thanks Francis for raising this.

Muthoni

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Safaricom Support
<Support at safaricom.co.ke>wrote:

>  Hi
>

> Kindly advise them to forward the texts to ‘333’ which is to our Mpesa
> Fraud team for further investigation.
>

> Regards
>
> Muchoki

Muthoni