[kictanet] what really merits discussion on KICTANET

Francis Hook francis.hook at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 15:57:16 EAT 2011

While researching how I can make a complaint against UPS/SDV Transami (who,
even after 19 days cannot deliver a simple shipment), I came across these
links - but its academic whether they act on these....

Their role in consumer protection -
http://www.cck.go.ke/consumers/consumer_protection/role.html

The online form to make complaints -
http://www.cck.go.ke/consumers/complaints.html

The hard copy form to complaints -
http://www.cck.go.ke/consumers/downloads/Complaints_Form.pdf

On 8 March 2011 17:56, Edith Adera <eadera at idrc.or.ke> wrote:

> I wonder what CCK does about complaints? Isn’t it part of their mandate?
> Their website says that one of their key responsibilities is “Protecting
> consumer rights within the communications environment.” Isn’t there a
> consumer affairs unit within CCK? What are they doing?
>

> Statistics on customer complaints (and extent of resolution) should be
> published per company within the public domain! And the complaint mechanism
> made publically available so consumers know what to do and where to go.
> These are part of regulatory best practice.
>

> Edith

Francis Hook
+254 733 504561