[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General - Aluta Continua

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 30 12:30:27 EAT 2011

I have a few questions for you:

1.       How will you increase the corporation’s revenues (i.e. what innovations
ill you bring on-board to revive the sleeping giant), in the backdrop of its
main products such as snail mail in sharp decline over the years as a result of
modern IC technologies?

- To increase revenue I will develop the parcel service mainly for local
delivery an area that will receive a lot of resistance from the new entrants in
the industry who I believe are working in the background to keep PCK asleep.

I would like to give you a detailed reply on the ICT innovations I would want to
implement but the current board and management could just pick on it and run
thus loosing my strategic advantage.

2.       Do you see any conflict of interest in your role at Posta as a result
of your past, current or future engagements with the corporation/elsewhere?

I see no conflict of interest

3.       What are your specific qualifications and experience that make you the
best candidate for the role of PMG?

This question was answered before, this question if what has kept PCK where it
is today as there is yet to be an institution which can train you on how to
revive the organisation.  Dr. James Mwangi would never have seen the light of
day during the recruitment of the MD of KCB yet he runs a more profitable
organisation despite the lack of  "specific qualifications".

4.       With a bloated/redundant workforce at Posta; how will you transform the
organization to a lean and productive enterprise without causing “political” and
sometimes ethnic uproar that comes with down/right sizing such an organization?

PCK is understaffed for the direction I plan to take the organisation, a
workforce is only deemed to be bloated when the organisation is unable to
profitably utilise them.

Orange has reduced the staff count from 21,000 to 1,500 finally yet there is no
corresponding change in the bottom line.  The total wage bill for PCKs 4,500
employees is less than that of some organisations with less than 150 employees,
if anything I will be looking at increasing the wage bill not reducing it
especially at the bottom of the organisation as a way to increase moral and
reduce the anxiety of lay-offs

We need to be weary of the culture of reducing staff count as a fad and look at
making productive use of the staff.

Regards

Best Regards,

Edwin M Onchari