[kictanet] Kenic AGM

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 18:15:07 EAT 2011

Hey Walu,

Your absence was noticeable, the meeting went on well, most of the matters
discussed were inhouse, notable topics were the progress on the local
dispute resolution mechanism being established at Kenic to arbitrate on
domain related disputes, we were also briefed on the KeNIC Strategic plan
which is being implemented in phases and going by what was presented the
future looks bright (at least the Financial report demonstrated this),
google also did a very interesting presentation highlighting opportunities
that the internet is likely to offer in the near future and the need for
strategic partnerships (Kenic intends to work with registrars to make sure
they hit a target of 50000 .Ke domains) , the organisers promised to put up
all this information on their website , i am sure it is being compiled
somewhere. And lest i forget we were taken through the new look KeNIC
website whose aim is to improve how the TLDs clients interact with it. I
looked at the Strategic Plan which seems great, i am still searching for
their digital strategy which i hope is tucked somewhere in the website, as
you can see, a lot of this were inhouse issues with brief comments on KeNICS
role at ICANN. (Participation and Hosting number 37)

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno
Afriregister Ltd (Kenya)