[kictanet] National ICT Policy

George Nyabuga gnyabuga at uonbi.ac.ke
Tue Jun 28 12:07:53 EAT 2011

Dear Mburu,

Yes, Kenya has a National ICT policy. It's actually online if you do a
simple search. This came out first, if I am correct, in 2004 and then was
revised in 2006.

George

> Listers,
>
> Just wondering do we have a National ICT Policy either in the draft or
> completed form?
>
> This is because, IMHO, for a country like Kenya to achieve economic growth
> based on application of ICT to supplement the traditional aspects of
> development, then a National ICT policy should come in handy to aid in
> pointing out the various points and roles that the various players should
> take.
>
> How for instance, are we to achieve Vision 2030, if a national policy on
> ICT
> does not exist?
>
> Regards,
>
> Mburu

> MailScanner,
> and is believed to be clean.
>
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>  UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS ISO CERTIFIED
>
> The University of Nairobi is committed to providing quality services to
> all
> its clients. The University will monitor and review its quality
> performance
> from time to time through an effective implementation of the Quality
> Management System based on ISO 9001:2008 standard.
>
> University of Nairobi Website: http://www.uonbi.ac.ke/

> sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and
> development.

Dr George Nyabuga
Associate Director
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Nairobi
Education Building
Harry Thuku Road
PO Box 30197 - 00100
Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254(0)20 318262 Fax: +254(0)20 2229168
Mobile: +254 (0)72151 6573
Email: gnyabuga at uonbi.ac.ke, gnyabuga at yahoo.co.uk
www.uonbi.ac.ke

and is believed to be clean.