[kictanet] ICANN Approves Historic Change to Internet's Domain Name System

alice at apc.org alice at apc.org
Tue Jun 21 13:25:59 EAT 2011

The application fee is steep, not to mention other related fees that could
eventually amount to over 1mUS$ or more.
This issue has been debated over a long time and the decision to estalish
the so called "Joint SO/AC New gTLD Applicant Support Working Group"  was
to  develop a sustainable approach in providing support to applicants from
developing countries who can not afford those amounts, plus the technical
requirement among others.  So if dot jaluo  meets the required criteria
would qualify for support.

best
alice