[kictanet] On "hitting it big" with innovation

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Fri Jun 17 15:00:31 EAT 2011

Listers may be interested Malcom Gladwell's two books The Outliers  and Tipping
Point on the above subject with the former focusing on events in society and
hard word; the latter on the power individuals and the 'little things' they do
shape the world.

Message from the former:

Hard work is critical to success, however, successful people were often lucky to
be in the right place at the right time; plus you must sweat: 10,000 hours of
skills development appears to be the rule of the thumb.

Unless of course you are in Kenya where (in some cases) public budgets are
siphoned away even before the money arrives!

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com; Twitter: nmatunda;  Skype:
okiambe

Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they
happen!

Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On
my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous

This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain
confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any
other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any
attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.