[kictanet] Failure of Kenyan Management?

Dennis Kioko dmbuvi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:57:12 EAT 2011

"I stepped down from East Africa Venture Capitals to head Wananchi since our
 $ 170M investment  in Wananchi wasn't going well" - Richard Bell at Pivot
25

"Chief executive officer of KDN, Rikus Matthyser, said the company’s new
owners, South African technology firm Altech, employed a number of
expatriates to “mentor” the local managers for a period of between nine
months and two years which triggered a wave of resignations by the senior
managers." - Business Daily on *Senior managers quit as expats take over at
KDN<http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate+News/Senior+managers+quit+as+expats+take+over+at+KDN/-/539550/1183716/-/j246vn/-/>
*
*
*
The ISP industry exhibits lots of quality issues with almost everyone
agreeing there is no dependable ISP. Most ISPs will point back to their
carriers , I was told one carrier had their Kisumu link down for 3 days
because the ISP affected was 'not Safaricom'.

What ails us? Isn't a nation of 40 million capable of producing a few
individuals who can successfully run an ISP? Or is its that Kenyan
management have their hands tied by foreign management and investors?

--
with Regards:
blog.denniskioko.com