[kictanet] Introduction of Power rationing for industrial zones : A result of failure of national planning policies?

aki aki275 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 08:32:06 EAT 2011

This game is repeated each time we are in drought years, with the quick
"import" mentality rush to get in fdi partners or the rest to
invest buy/lease diesel guzzling generators  to compliment the shortfalls is
becoming too routine. More results of shortcuts implemented over years of
failed national planning policies and excuses that is resulting in many
direct/indirect losses in the economy. This time around there are multiple
excuses, from high demands during peak hours to breakdowns/maintainence of
generators to delays in security guarantees for investors. High demands
during peak hours is an incremental event and did not just appear overnight,
water levels did not drop overnight and nor did investors just apply to
supply power. We have known for years our climate is changing patterns ( no
thanks to the major polluters i.e the developed nations who contribute
most towards the climate behaviour ), rainfall patterns in our region has
been out of sync for at least the past 10 years so. We have all the data,
the remote sensing abilities and infrastructure to maintain an intelligent
national network of early warning systems to counter gaps yet we are only
capable of the ultimate solution = power rationing. Surely even economic
planners must be enraged by this nonsense. ( Corrections very welcome )

Full story :
http://www.businessdailyafrica.com/Corporate+News/Power+rationing+signals+fresh+rise+in+cost+of+consumer+goods/-/539550/1207750/-/item/0/-/xqgsl/-/index.html

Rgds. :-)