[kictanet] Digital TV signal Distribution row- at Kenya IGF

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 25 10:11:39 EAT 2011

Daktari,

I rarely agree with the governments stand on certain issues but on this one I
say move forward with all guns blazing, I need an opportunity to broadcast my
ideas but this will never happen with a few profit centred organisations owning
the airwaves.

After we have created out youtube http://www.youtube.com/robertyawe (this is a
chance for many of you to put a face to the text) type content the next step
will be how to broadcast the same to a larger audience.

As with youtube, where I did not need to invest in the distribution network, the
independence of the digital signal distributor will allow me to only invest in
the content part of the business thus reducing my capital expenditure.

However much we bury our heads in the sand, kill switches are a must have if you
are to prevent mass murder as happened in Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Serbia, Germany
and many others.  Yesterday I realised that my searches on Google are being
localised which means all traffic to and from a particular country will soon be
easily identifiable which will therefore allow for remote disconnection.

So before you start throwing stones at the Chinese, because of our inability to
think even within the box, watch the global space and realise that big brother
is increasing the reigns of control to the level of each individual world
citizen.

I ask again, if the phone of a Prime Minister can be hacked what about yours and
mine, lets get the digital signal and broadcast cultural shows to those who want
to watch.  It is my expectation that by the end of 2012 I will have 100 channels
to choose from ranging in content from recipes for roasting grasshoppers to
brain surgery for dummies all from a single antennae irrespective of where I am
in the country.

Twende Kazi
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd