[kictanet] Digital TV signal Distribution row- at Kenya IGF

bitange at jambo.co.ke bitange at jambo.co.ke
Sun Jul 24 22:11:19 EAT 2011

Meshack,
The saddest thing is that Media the other day were on a Swedish company
case.  They mounted unnecessary war on Smart TV that had employed 100
Kenyans.  Their sin was competition.  Even after the High Court found that
there was no irregularity, they kept fighting.

The Company is now exiting the Kenyan Market.  Imagine the message we send
out their with respect to FDI in the sector.  Three Multinationals that
have been considring setting up local content development are
reconsidering their decision.  These were the same groups that were to set
up animation studios at Sameer Park.

This ia all about resistance to change.  The people must resist this kind
of propaganda.  In my view we need a public debate on this.  I am ready to
say this in public not just in the New Media.

Regards

Ndemo.