[kictanet] Digital Villages-Detailed Nyeri Follow up

warigia bowman warigia at aucegypt.edu
Sun Jul 24 22:10:12 EAT 2011

Dear listers

Today I went to visit my relas in Central. I kept my eye on the roads to
scope out the route for digital villages. I hired my driver, who is from
Central, because I do not have a car. I paid him 5000 for his time, and 4000
for gas, which I frankly, think is reasonable.

We traveled 330 km. We traveled from 8:30 a.m. to 7:45 p.m. (I think that is
too long. Thika road is dangerous at night). We did the whole loop. Juja,
thika, sagana, karatina, nyeri, othaya, kira-ini, saba saba, thika, juja.
*
It would bring costs down if someone who is from central would be willing to
drive their car, and we all paid the gas*. That being said, there was a lot
of road carnage, so I was happy to be with a professional driver.

*Re Safaricom centers in central *that are in good shape we have 1) Jomtech
cyber; othaya constituency, nyeri sagana road, *On R*oad 2) Mac farm
products,  kiraini town opp police station,* On Road*

*Re ICT Board Pasha,* we have 1) Muranga; Maragua, Maragua, but not idea
where that is on this road. 2) Kiambu, Juja,  Ruiru, *on the road *3)
Kiambu, Gatundu North, Gatukuyu *No idea if on the road. *

*Re Safaricom centers that are not up to snuff *we have many-- 1) Nyeri town
constituency 2) juja efast cyber cafe 3) integral communications, juja town,
juja, 4) realtech cyber, thika, juja; 5) sam and hen2 saba saba juja; 6)
Tonnes cyber cafe, karatina, nyeri town constituency,

Please let me know *are you willing to drive your car, if we cover the gas*?
Also, help me figure out whether these places are on the road.

Contact me offline, if you are up for this road trip!!!!

Many thanks, Rigia