[kictanet] Digital TV signal Distribution row

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 13:10:34 EAT 2011

Hi,

The move to digital is similar to the fact that all marine cables terminate in
one location at the coast, an opportunity to install a Kill switch.

NMG & RMG have objected to working with Signet right from the beginning but have
never put forth a convincing argument why they wanted a different distributor of
the digital signal apart from that it needs to be an independent player.

Who is more independent than a Chinese, they make up 1 out of every 5
human beings, a distributor owned by a section of the media houses is definitely
not independent.  The winning in this fight must be the consumer who currently
only received KBC because the other media houses believe that it is not
economically viable to put up a must in those far flung regions.

Transmission infrastructure has ceased to be a competitive advantage and its
time that the management of NMG & RMG accept the change in the status qua and
spend their resources in purchasing local productions to the required 40% of
programming and the rest on the Oga movies

It is a basic human right for me to receive clear radio and TV signal wherever I
am in the country so long as I have a TV set, be it a Great Wall (another great
Chinese import) or a 72" LED 3D media device a situation that cannot be left to
the whims of occupants of corporate board rooms whose mandate is to maximise
profit.

Regards

Tuwache ujeuri, we cannot make bicycles so we import them from chine, we cannot
make ploughs so we import them from China, we cannot make roads so we import
them from China, so since we have been unable to cover the country with analog
TV signal doesn't it follow that we should import them from China.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200