[kictanet] Fibre Optic Cable cuts

aki aki275 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 11:11:11 EAT 2011

@Robert, thank you for sharing the image and agree that the cable should not
be exposed or at least some feet underground. Though the fiber cable in the
image does seem like it meets the requirements of armored underground cables
but could it be that running overhead cables is still a monopoly?

Am glad you mention governments/policies, I'd also like to share an image
that is probably taken between 1900-1932.
http://www.old-picture.com/american-history-1900-1930s/Children-Street-York-City.htm
.
Yet within such a shortime of existence, without funds from external sources
nor some food drops during the economic depression times in this country how
did they manage to pull it all together and become what they are? In the
century before, they almost exterminated entire indigenious populations
across the continent and put the few surviving into land reserves. I can
disagree that the entire success and change was as a result of just private
entreprenuerships.

Just sharing some thoughts and corrections are welcome. :-)

Rgds.