[kictanet] Fibre Optic Cable cuts

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 10:15:09 EAT 2011

Hi,

I was walking along the road near the Kilimani Police Station when I came across
openly visible fibre optic ducting laid next to water pipes.  Please note that I
did not excavate so as to get an issue to raise has you might be thinking.

For those who visit the wananchi areas of the city you will be aware that the
water supply in those areas is supplied using PVC pipes.  From the attached
picture I would not be surprised if the fibre cable running inside this ducting
is damaged after being mistaken for a water pipe.

We are becoming more and more dependent on data connectivity with this kind of
shoddy installation can we really entrust our livelihood to such organisations
who cut corners then blame the government and competitors when the cable is
damaged?

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd