[kictanet] Open Data - Where does it sit?

Wamuyu Gatheru wamuyu at soko-id.co.ke
Wed Jul 13 19:26:28 EAT 2011

Not enough has been said on this issue, so I will add some more :-)

Equity Bank's data may be hosted here but not without challenges. I
used to use their limited e-banking facility (works for transactions
for self accounts only) on my HP computer. However, the system does
not work on Macs - it is not compatible with Safari the Mac web browser.

Please note that there are other reasons government is not waiting for
local hosting capacity. The Constitutional Bill of Rights has a right
to info. The government could be reducing opportunities for litigous
Kenyans on this matter. NGOs who monitor government business will have
lots to do with this data - especially on the highly anticipated
County budgets.

Wamuyu