[kictanet] Open Data - Where does it sit?- its just thebeginning.

Michuki Mwangi michuki.mwangi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:13:12 EAT 2011

Bwana PS,

On 7/13/11 1:52 PM, bitange at jambo.co.ke wrote:
> IT infrastructure is in place but non of us is talking about content.
> We wait to complain when foreigners start doing it.

My thoughts.

If the GoK states that over the next 24months we are going to move the
datasets from the Socrata platform to Kenya.

prior to this, i.e in the next 18 months we shall issue a tender
document providing all the requisite data information of the cloud
hosting services we require. The winning bidder will get to host the
data sets once awarded and hosting will have to be local.

What impact is that likely to have?.

Regards,

Michuki.