[kictanet] Open Data - Where does it sit?

Phares Kariuki pkariuki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:24:29 EAT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM, Rad! <conradakunga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Few providers even understand the concept of SAAS & IAAS. To
> spare embarrassment to employees who have on their payroll engineers unable
> to differentiate the cloud from websites, I won't name names
> Those that do have laughable prices. I fiercely love my country and its
> people but my friends I refuse to pay 10-45 times the prices I am getting at
> Amazon / Microsoft / Rackspace because the providers are Kenyan. (Yes. That
> was 45 times)

I have experienced the same thing. Most of our local hosting providers have
not matured the product, but are charging a fortune for the same. Further
from this, as far as I know, we don't have any stable & mature PaaS
(Platform as a Service) providers locally, anybody with contrary information
kindly correct...
--
With Regards,

Phares Kariuki