[kictanet] Khan; solution to teacher shortage

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 11 16:43:02 EAT 2011

Hi,

The way education is going to be delivered now and in the future has changed,
those still thinking of the traditional delivery method for education e.g. KNUT,
will find themselves all alone in the wilderness of the past.

Now students across the country can get tuition from the best educationalists in
the country or even the world.  Lets stop trying to recreate the wheel let us
adopt the technical hook, line and sinker as we have done with yahoo, youtube,
facebook, twitter and google.

The rebirth of radio lessons is back, KIE should use the billions allocated to
them to develop e-learning content to and also re-equip there studios to produce
content for delivery over low speed connections.

@ Josiah: Delivery to the furthest points in the country can be easily done
using the GPRS and 3G networks utilising phones that have RCA or HDMI outputs
for connection to a TV/projector for classroom viewing.

21" TV with DC power capability @ 15,000/-
Solar Panel + Battery at 20,000/-
Mobile phone with RCA/HDMI at 20,000/-
55,000/-

Now if the 4,000,000,000/- that was misappropriated with the FPE funds we would
be able to equip 72,000 schools.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd