[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General - Aluta Continua

Crystal Watley Kigoni crystal at voicesofafrica.org
Thu Jul 7 08:38:25 EAT 2011

And when you become PMG, Yawe please change how customs deals with
packages and the corruption there. I asked people from the States to
stop sending packages for myself and the NGO because even though they
were NOT for resale we were being charged up to 50 percent of an
imaginary retail value (usually the highest price to be found on the
internet). It became more expensive for me to clear items than it was
for them to buy and send them.

On 7/7/11, Agosta Liko <agostal at gmail.com> wrote:
> I support Bwana Yawes candidature for PMG.
>
> Its good that Posta is now working with KCB, they should do that deal
> with all banks that want the agency model and add Mpesa etc etc
>
> They are everywhere and can be used as such
>
> Most importantly, for where Kenya is going in terms of eCommerce,
> Posta is the best placed to provide countrywide logistics and supply
> chain... From Yaya Center to Misikhu ...
>
> Growing up, we used to be sent to Nairobi to buy TV's, Tractor Spares
> etc etc. Fertilizer is still much cheaper in Mombasa than in Kitale.
> Today, maize is available in Bungoma ... People are starving on
> Ukambani... An IT enabled Posta can fix this.
>
> When buying tractor spares in Kitale, the shopkeeper always calls
> Nairobi, gets a price and adds a 60pct markup ... Ecommerce fixes
> this, one price plus shipping and handling
>
> One change though. As Posta changes leadership, they should hire a
> kick ass IT Team ... Programmers, designers etc etc so that they can
> build from the ground up ... I see too many IBMs and Accentures doing
> work that can be done by Kenyans ... At ridiculous prices ...
>
> Robert, if all else fails, we should look at Joe Mucheru's
> suggestion... Start a logistics company ... From the ground up....
>
> Thanks
>
> On 7/7/11, Francis Hook <francis.hook at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If I may chime in a little late I agree with Robert's assertion that PCK
>> could and should position itself in supply chain and logistics.   Indeed
>> many OEM's (whether for vehicles, computers, etc) have outsourced their
>> warehousing and distribution (of goods, parts, spares) to players like
>> DHL,
>> Fedex on a very grand scale.  With a decent SCM in place, coupled with
>> some
>> fleet and asset management, IF underpinned by second to none customer
>> service,  supply chain and logistics could very well be a good lifeline
>> for
>> PCK.
>>
>> Lets remember that not everything that PCK is licenced to do can go
>> electronic :-)
>>

> --
> Sent from my mobile device

Crystal "Naliaka" Watley Kigoni
Executive Director
Voices of Africa for Sustainable Development
crystal at voicesofafrica.org
http://www.voicesofafrica.org/

Twitter: VOA4SD
Skype: crystal.naliaka
Facebook group: Voices of
Africa<http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_103722386364001&ap=1#%21/group.php?gid=139035902779599>
Facebook cause: Voices of
Africa<http://www.causes.com/causes/102634-voices-of-africa-for-sustainable-development?recruiter_id=16731206>
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CrystalKigoni
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=20585778&trk=tab_pro>

"You must be the change you wish to see" - Gandhi