[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Kenya IGF 2011 Discussions Day 2 of 10Mobile Payment Platforms

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 21:02:17 EAT 2011

Dear Listers,

As we close the days discussion, feel free to share your views on the
following :

*Impact of reduction of pre/paid tariffs*

   - Has there been any impact since the prepaid tarrifs were reduced, are
   there any lessons to be learned.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Barrack Otieno <otieno.barrack at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Dear Listers,
>
> Many thanks for your insightfull contribution to todays topics @ Aki,
> you pointed out the need for innovators to be involved in the policy
> making process so that they can highlight the challenges they are
> facing and make sure they are part and parcel of a process that
> creates a favourable policy environment. On another thread Ps. Ndemo
> was of the opinion that the the problem with discussions is that they
> are not backed by proper research and that there is need for proper
> research if we are to attain the status of a Knowledge society. @
> Victor , you bring out the need for a clearing house to facilitate
> seamless transfer of money across networks, i hope the revised policy
> will address this issue. @ Solomon and Steven  you emphasise on the
> need for data protection, Dr. Ndemo has come out to state that
> adequate measures are in place to ensure consumer data is adequately
> protected. Lucy Kimani on the other hand has emphasised on the need
> for a risk management framework to secure clients funds. let the
> debate continue.
>
> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Stephen Mutoro <stephen at cofek.co.ke>
wrote:
>> Well said. We shoulld welcome Mpesa and other great ICT innovations but
consumer data privacy infringement and/or high risk of the same is another
matter altogether - an illegality as defined by article 46 of the
constitution

>> Sent from my BlackBerry®

http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/stephen%40cofek.co.ke

for people and institutions interested and involved in ICT policy and
regulation. The network aims to act as a catalyst for reform in the ICT
sector in support of the national aim of ICT enabled growth and development.

online that you follow in real life: respect people's times and bandwidth,
share knowledge, don't flame or abuse or personalize, respect privacy, do
not spam, do not market your wares or qualifications.
http://lists.kictanet.or.ke/mailman/options/kictanet/otieno.barrack%40gmail.com