[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Kenya IGF 2011 Discussions Day 2 of 10Mobile Payment Platforms

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 20:57:17 EAT 2011

Dear Listers,

Many thanks for your insightfull contribution to todays topics @ Aki,
you pointed out the need for innovators to be involved in the policy
making process so that they can highlight the challenges they are
facing and make sure they are part and parcel of a process that
creates a favourable policy environment. On another thread Ps. Ndemo
was of the opinion that the the problem with discussions is that they
are not backed by proper research and that there is need for proper
research if we are to attain the status of a Knowledge society. @
Victor , you bring out the need for a clearing house to facilitate
seamless transfer of money across networks, i hope the revised policy
will address this issue. @ Solomon and Steven  you emphasise on the
need for data protection, Dr. Ndemo has come out to state that
adequate measures are in place to ensure consumer data is adequately
protected. Lucy Kimani on the other hand has emphasised on the need
for a risk management framework to secure clients funds. let the
debate continue.