[kictanet] Yawe for Post Master General - Aluta Continua

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 1 17:00:16 EAT 2011

Hi Thomas,

I agree with you partially on the issue of door to door delivery but that with
the frequent changes in address and our lack of discipline in updating
information the returns will bog down PCK.

We also need to look at the entire country which might not have the same level
of organisation that exists in certain parts of Nairobi.  Imagine trying to
deliver a letter to someone who stays in Mulango Kubwa or Block Ten.  We still
have a large population of nomadic people who we still need to serve.

Lets be careful not to confuse email and physical mail delivery, even in the
Netherlands where they have one of the most developed mail systems the P O Box
still exists.  What can be added to the service is an SMS notification thus
reducing the need for you making regular trips to check if mail has arrived.

In addition the postal system has a service that allows mail to be delivered to
someone who does not have a mailbox and is send care of the post master.
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200