[kictanet] Media council Draft bill 2010 (Summary of Day 1)

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 23:40:10 EAT 2011

Dear Listers

Once again, thank you so so much for your contribution to day one discussion. Some contributions were specific for example what Erick provided on the wording of the Purpose of MCK.

Emerging Issues/Concerns for further debate are categorized under the following:

1.   Is there a need for existence of MCK or can journalists self-regualte?

2.   Do the functions of MCK and BCAC overlap?

3. Would the purposes for which MCK and BCAC are being constituted,better be served by one general body to deal holistically
    with media issues?

Lets see how the debate proceeds. Some of these concerns might arise but we have now flagged them.

See you tomorrow as we discuss other concerns slated for day two.

Rgds
Grace

If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!