[kictanet] [Skunkworks] Are we letting the PS get away with this too?

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 18:09:32 EAT 2011

Harry, tough questions you have and the answers may most likely neutralize my argument. But the bigger point is/was that certain type of competitive tactics can be counterproductive when looked at from a Macro perspective. Yes, you (Airtel) wins todays battle, but someone bigger than Safcom will lose the war.

With the  Microsoft Case- European Courts ruled that their tactic was anti-competitive and they were forced to seperate their Browser from their OS, rather than sell as a bundle. But I think it was a case of too little too late.  Did internet numbers go down? probably not since Internet numbers do depend on more factors other than just Browsers.

But for the mobile industry, their growth and expanse does depend on revenues. I can forcasts that VOICE Revenue generated from all players might be the same as last year because the voice industry may not grow - it will simply be shared out.. And after the price-wars are over and an equilibrium is established (maybe Airtel  50% others 50%) it will dawn on everyone that they incoming revenue streams is insufficient to deliver expansion or extend the services outside their current levels.

walu.