[kictanet] Doing Business in Kenya, Beating the numbers...

Collins Areba castorkenya at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 13:45:46 EAT 2011

Hello listers,

I think this is the appropriate forum to raise this. The IFC has done a
commendable job of detailing how hard it is to establish a business in Kenya
(Here is the link http://bit.ly/fXZydd ) , from registration of the legal
entity to making of the seal after the whole incorporation thing. It takes
anything from at the very least 15 days, which leads me to the question,
Since all of this is just data, What can we do to:

1: Cut by half the number of days within, say two years. and then ...
2: Cut it all into a one day affair...

I may not be very well versed with operations at the registry but im still
trying to understand why ....

a) One pays Ksh100 for a "search" if the systems have been automated so
far... and .
b) Why it cant just be put online like the KENIC domain name search and just
be made that easier.

Regards,