[kictanet] KEnic down-Basics of IXPs

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:23:34 EAT 2011

Hi Robert,  where exactly has KIXP failed? In fact they are a success
story that should be promoted as a local version of internet
governance in action. The UG IX on the other hand is a dismal failure
by kixp standards. It loses power fairly regularly, has no full time
staff looking after it and access to it has, until recently, open to
anybody that could convince the askari they should be able to get in.
It is getting better, pole, pole, but NOT because of govt
intervention. Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.
Rgds, mctim