[kictanet] KEnic down-Basics of IXPs

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 11:08:27 EAT 2011

@ Yawe,
Plse visit
http://drpeering.net/index.php

and specifically spend some time on

http://drpeering.net/white-papers/Internet-Service-Providers-And-Peering.html

then thereafter you will agree when I say that:
1. Most Peering arrangements are (should?) indeed (be) private arrangements.
2. Regulating an IXP is not the same as regulating "Interconnection tarrifs btwn (voice) Telcos"
3. Dr. Ndemo and a "Govt" IXP?- to me its sounds like a contradiction of terms because by nature IXPs tend to be "open systems" rather than closed to one stakeholder. Of which government can and should have. But then it would be called GCCN -  government common core network rather than an IXP.

walu.