[kictanet] Is Safaricom disintegrating

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 14:07:22 EAT 2011

Hi Washington,

Thanks for your feedback, on the issue of billing all I wanted them to do is
have both invoices placed in the same envelop and delivered to me.  As the PMG
in waiting I need to make sure that the business of physical delivery of bills
remains otherwise I will be appointed to run a shell.

On the issue of categorization, this is a simple implementation in any call
center system or even the new entry level IP PBX systems, see www.yeastar.com a
PBX that costs less than US $ 2,000/- for 12 users.  Implementing this is not
rocket science, if BBK for example have a number of data devices all that is
needed to get the numbers of the technical personnel and program them into the
system (utilising caller ID facilities) so that whenever they call they are
routed to a second or second tier support person.

Many companies have used this feature before in deciding the level of support
that subscribers receive based on their dollar usage.  It might seem unfair but
that is business which is why banks have premier banking locations where you get
tea, coffee and even free meeting rooms but only available to select few. You
might want to call it the banking divide, yes it is the pink elephant in the
room.

My issue is to get my provider to achieve certain performance levels especially
because I recommend their services to my clients & the more  reliable their
systems and processes the more peace of mind for me and going to CCK at this
juncture would be premature, like the Ocampo 6.

If the issues are not resolved then I will look at instigating a campaign to
have them forced to comply or alternatively move to another provider which will
be painful.  So unlike the peculiar Kenyan who walks away when they receive bad
service I prefer to get you to improve your service, its less
emotionally traumatizing than going to the angel you don't know.

I have raved and ranted towards  other providers but they are too thick skinned
to take the effort to even respond, so since Safaricom has proven to be
responsive to criticism and proactive

Regards
Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd