[kictanet] Day 7: SECTION 14: STAFF TO THE COMMISSION

Catherine Adeya elizaslider at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 22 13:16:11 EAT 2011

Thanks Mike, this is very useful.

Nyaki

________________________________
From: Mike Theuri <mike.theuri at gmail.com>
To: elizaslider at yahoo.com
Cc: KICTAnet ICT Policy Discussions <kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke>
Sent: Tue, February 22, 2011 6:06:54 AM
Subject: Re: [kictanet] Day 7: SECTION 14: STAFF TO THE COMMISSION

14(2) could have a number of approaches by complying with existing law or also
adopting an internal policy or both:

The Commission shall establish and adhere to an equal employment opportunity
policy and/or shall comply with equal employment opportunity laws that prohibit
among other practices, discrimination in the consideration of employment on the
basis of colour, race, national or geographic origin, physical or mental
handicap, gender, sex, ethnicity, religion, marital status, age for the purposes
of employment. The Commission shall make reasonable accommodations for qualified
staff members or employment candidates who may have a physical or mental
handicap that would be a hindrance to job performance in the absence of
these accommodations to allow them to carry out their respective employment
duties.

Dear Kictanet List Members,