[kictanet] Fw: Summary Day 1: Debate on the Independent Communications Commission of Kenya Bill 2010

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 07:28:02 EAT 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Barrack Otieno
<otieno.barrack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nyaki,
> I had posed a question about whether the term 'independent' was appropriate
> , why must we stress the fact that it is independent whereas it is hinged on
> the law?, sorry for persistence but i need some guidance on this.

Independence is very important for a regulator.  It's an international
Best Practice to have an independent regulator. Many of us of have
complained on this list about too much gov't involvement in the
telecoms sector.  I applaud this move.

--
Cheers,

McTim