[kictanet] Price Control in the Telecom Market in Kenya?

Athar Ahmad Bhatti atharab at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 01:43:43 EAT 2011

Dear Barrack

Considering the crucial role that mobile communication plays in the lives of
the citizens of Kenya,the Government will do whatever it takes to protect
the interest of its people. If not then development becomes a myth that only
the few elite will enjoy it.

Just look around and see how mobile communication has improved the
livelihood of for instance fishermen who can communicate and sell their
catch even before they reach the shore.

>From a different perspective just put this to a vote. I do believe that most
of us will go for comm services that are reasonably low in cost. The few
elite can then go for crystal clear, 'platinum coated' services.

I mean why have bread when you can have cake. But do not deny the rest bread
however hard it may be...

Athar