[kictanet] Consitutions and Appointment of Commissioners to the Commission

Matunda Nyanchama mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Thu Feb 17 16:38:15 EAT 2011

Commissioners appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Public
Service Commission (PSC).

Cabinet secretary (not the president) should make appointments on recommendation
of PSC. This would be in line with decentralization of power that has been at
the core of the recently promulgated constitution.

We need to consider something about need for  diverse backgrounds of
commissioners; I don't know how to articulate that but there needs to be
emphasis on technical business leadership, regulatory policy, etc.

On appointment term of service, is there a way to incorporate "overlaps" to
ensure continuity; this may mean staggering appointments; for instance we can
have a condition that not more than 50% of commissioner terms can end at the
same time.

Matunda Nyanchama, PhD, CISSP; mnyanchama at aganoconsulting.com
Agano Consulting Inc.;  www.aganoconsulting.com

Be prepared to face ICT Security failures & know how to respond when they
happen!

Call: +1-888-587-1150 or info at aganoconsulting.com

"A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On
my desk I have a workstation…" - Anonymous

This e-mail, including attachments, may be privileged and may contain
confidential or proprietary information intended only for the addressee(s). Any
other distribution, copying, use, or disclosure is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the message, including any
attachments, without making a copy. Thank you.