[kictanet] Day 3: FUNCTIONS OF THE COMMISSION

Catherine Adeya elizaslider at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 08:42:06 EAT 2011

Hi Listers,

Today we move to SECTION 4 of the Draft Bill discussing the FUNCTIONS OF THE
COMMISSION

In my view the key issues for discussion are:
a) That the Commission must perform duties imposed upon the former Commission by
or under the Act?
b) The Commission may exercise and continue the exercise of the powers conferred
upon the former Commission by or under the Act;
Question: What is your take on this? In addition, is there any major difference
between the two issues?
Note: The other issues have to do with the Commission acting subject to Chapter
4 of the Constitution and subject to the Public Finance Management Act, 1999
(please refer to the Bill for further emphasis).

If you have anything else on the other 2 days please send but with the right
subject header so we do not confuse issues for those collating comments.

Best Regards, Nyaki