[kictanet] Do we have a new policy in this forum?

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 16:08:57 EAT 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:19 PM, robert yawe <robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For some reason if you have the kictanet address together with one or more
> other emails it does not get listed.
>
> Like you I had initially thought that my posts where being censored but
> after resending the posting with only the kictanet address in either the To
> or Cc fields all was well.
>
> Can the sysop please look into this issue as it might be affecting the low
> participation on the forum, and if we are actually having moderation and
> censorship please advice us.

Hi Robert,

I wear the sysop hat this time.

If the list (KICTANet) address is not in the To or Cc field, then that can
only mean it is in the Bcc field. By design, the listserv does not accept
mails where it finds itself in the Bcc field. There are reasons for that and
it's not our wish to change that rule because of the possible ramifications.
Every list member is encouraged to have the list address specified in the
"To" field and not Cc or Bcc. The obvious problem of having the list in the
Cc is what is called cross-posting. I am sure you've seen how profusely some
members have had to apologize for cross-posting. Maybe you can ask them why
such apologies are necessary? I believe it is simply etiquette :-)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,