[kictanet] Media council Draft bill 2010 (Day Eight--Code of Conduct/Wrapping up)

Alice Munyua alice at apc.org
Wed Feb 2 11:36:14 EAT 2011

Weblogs, social forums, etc should be considered as part of the new
emerging media 'ecosystem' rather than in isolation.  I think it is
important to expand journalism   to include citizen participation, in
this case the blogs, forums, etc.  They have a meaningful role in the
future of media/news as do the 'professionals'

The challenge would be with developing legal/regulatory frameworks and
in applying the code of conduct. For blogs/forums etc, editorial
judgment is often applied at the edges rather than at the beginning

best

Alice