[kictanet] Prime Time data; is safaricom ready?

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 1 13:39:23 EAT 2011

Prime time is the daypart (block of a day's programming schedule) with the most
viewers and is generally where television networks and local stations reap much
of their advertising revenues. - Wikipedia

With relation to data services Prime Time are services that are mission critical
and that need to be up 90% or more as outages within that windows could be
disastrous to a business.  An analogy could be loss of power during the world
cup finals.

This requires seamless provision of inter-branch connectivity, remote users,
mobile users, B2B, B2C, redundancy, SLAs and security all in a single package.

Providing reliable and flexible solutions to meet the clients needs, the mobile
providers are moving into fixed wireless and wired services which require site
visits and high level of client interaction as opposed to the mobile services
they are used to where you can get away with phone and "carry in" support.

Transitioning from wireless to fixed services is more difficult than the
reverse, many of you will soon understand why it too KPTC aka Telkom aka Orange
days if not weeks to resolve a faulty landline we are about to go full circle as
the messiah mobile provides delve into the world of fixed.

I hope I have been able to justify my use of the term primetime.

Regards
 Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd
Phoenix House, 6th Floor