[kictanet] Robert Yawe for PMG Integrity test

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 08:42:34 EAT 2011

Hi Solomon,

I realise that I did not answer your main question which was on my academic qualifications.

When I initially made my sentiments known on this list about the post of PMG the issue of my academic qualifications came up, I do not have a degree but I refuse to think of that as a hindrance to my abilities in turning PCK around.

For a long time I felt that the solution to the issue of my academic qualifications had a single clear solution was to get a degree, an issue that has even come up on the domestic front, and for a while I pursued that direction.

That was until the issue of parliamentarians needing to have a university degree was brought up in the draft constitution and immediately those without degrees started donating libraries to universities in exchange for honorary (given for honor only, without the usual requirements) degrees while others paid for work credit based degrees from a plethora of online universities.

It is dawned on me that if a piece of paper that had no real value to either the community or myself is what stood between me and the post of PMG or any other office then I would rather not get the post.

I am not trying in any way to belittle the need for university education, it is essential for a younger person but at 45 years of age it will be a waste of valuable time and resources and I believe you will agree with me that those resources would be better used by sponsoring a needy student to university or through secondary school.

The post of president, governor, senator, parliamentarian or any other position of leadership is about using available resources to achieve an objective an not being the resource.

PCK has hundreds of highly educated employees who have the skills to execute but without the right direction they will remain loose canons, I am the gunner who can align them to the target.

Regards

PS.  This response was triggered after I was told yesterday by a friend that I am no longer employable as my experience would be best harnessed at board level, I agree.

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd

Phoenix House, 6th Floor
P O Box 55806 Nairobi, 00200