[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 1)

robert yawe robertyawe at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 21 08:18:36 EAT 2011

Hi Mugo,

I appreciate that I am coming into this discussion late but I hope you will accommodate me by responding to the following issue:

An issue was raised by the Prime Ministry during a round table forum with KEPSA where he mentioned that when visiting one of the Asian Tiger countries with a delegation from Kenya he asked how they had made it to 2nd world status in such a short time.

The response from the host was that the question is not why the Asian Tigers made it but why Kenya did not yet they had sent a delegation to Kenya in the late 1960's to learn how Kenya was progressing so well after independence at which point they picked a copy of a document that we (Kenya) were using which they used as their blue print.

>From that response, it means that we had the right agenda 40+ years ago, where did we go wrong?

Regard

Robert Yawe
KAY System Technologies Ltd