[kictanet] Vision 2030 The Role of Home Grown Solution

Joseph McDonald mcdonaldoj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 12:44:52 EAT 2011

 Dear Mr.Mugo

Thanks for your time and engaging with us and for your very informative
answers.I have a question not only for Mr.Mugo but any body else who might
offer suggestions

When of the tenants of the Vision 2030 especially the Social pillar is to
have a just & cohesive society enjoying equitable social development in a
clean & secure environment and the country intends to build a strong
sustainable framework for peace and security and to ensure that all
internal conflicts and difference are resolved within the confines of the
law. access to justice for the rural folks is still not easy.What role can
African Customary law play on the social economical development in Kenya
and how can we use home grown solutions to solve local problems.e.g Rwanda
used both local and the Arusha tribunal to solve to get justice for the
genocide victims.In Kenya we are only using the ICC process.

Any ideas will be appreciated

Thanks