[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 3)

Grace Githaiga ggithaiga at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:46:57 EAT 2011

Bwana Kibati

No problem at all and thanks informing us of when we are likely to hear from you.  We understand that some days can just be too hectic. Please do respond to the various questions in whichever order you feel comfortable. After all, they are all interlinked, and I bet will still generate further debate.

We will therefore continue with the discussion as we wait.

Aguyo, critical question you raise. How will Vision 2030 use ICTs to inform the public on the status of flagship projects and their linkage to open data?

Matunda the point you make that ICTs can be used by government for real time financial management to reduce leakage (kickbacks and price inflation) is interesting.

We move on to Day 3 of this debate.

We move onto the second pillar which is the Social Pillar. http://www.vision2030.go.ke/index.php/pillars/index/social

The objective of the Social Pillar is to invest in the people of Kenya in order to improve the quality of life for all Kenyans by targeting a cross-section of human and social welfare projects and programmes, specifically: Education and training, Health, Environment, Housing and urbanisation, Gender, children and social development, Youth and sports.

 Listers, tuendelee kuwakilisha. You can still raise your concerns on the vision, the foundations and the economic pillar (Day 1 and 2).

Rgds
Grace
If you have the strength to survive, you have the power to succeed. Life is all about choices we make depending upon the situation we are in. Go forth and rule the World!

CC: kictanet at lists.kictanet.or.ke