[kictanet] Vision 2030: ICT and Other Sectors Converged (Day 1)

Cleophas Barmasai cbarmasai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:12:51 EAT 2011

Dennis on the contrary, I think the 'stick' is important for
discipline, at least to a certain age. In my opinion traditions and
religions, which have driven value systems for centuries advocated for
the 'rod' as form of punishment when one errs, especially for
children. Christians believe in the need to train a child (aged below
12) in the way they should go so that when they are older (about 12
and above) they do not depart from the value system.

I agree with Kibati that this is collective and I would lay the burden
squarely on the parents. Teachers have little they can accomplish if
they are getting children who have been poorly trained by parents.

We need to go back to the family institutions that are the true
foundations for the generations to come. Parents must spare time to
raise up children with values that we desire. We must not allow the TV
and most media to do so, except when reinforcing the parent.

I think Vision 2030 can advocate for parents to inculcate the right
culture from home level. Our education systems can help the parent in
this role.

My thoughts.

Cleophas

--
Sent from my mobile device

Sincerely,

Cleophas Barmasai
"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should
live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age..." (Titus
2:11,12, NKJV)