[kictanet] LTE & the frequencies debate

jgitau at gmail.com jgitau at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 10:49:33 EAT 2011

Ndemo,
The next (East African Network User Group) EANOG meeting will be on
saturday the 17th at IHUB from 9am.

The engineers there primarily discuss network related issues. Our longest
thread on the list so far is a discussion around broadband specifically how
LTE will be delivered to consumers.

We will be very appreciative if someone can be availed for a short Q&A
session to clear up issues around how frequencies will be
allocated/shared/used, is the government really building its own LTE
network? how can they (the technical guys- help ensure that you get the
desired results, I see a deep desire to help by techies who just don't know
how to go about it, If LTE is late what other plans are in place to ensure
access to broadband for as many people as possible? those are questions we
are also trying to get practical answers to....

Gitau