[kictanet] Possible Spam : RE: [Skunkworks] <OT> : No Electricity, No Fuel, No Cooking gas! I need my hot coffee or need some answers.....

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:03:01 EAT 2011

There is some stupid law somewhere which gives KPLC the monoploy in power
distribution. Note the word "distribution", because that is what KPLC does,
while another company called KENGEN does the power "generation".

Personally, I have never quite understood why KPLC should be given
exclusive distribution rights (entrenced in a national statute) on a
commodity it doesn't "produce", especially in a utility commodity.
The "producer" can do the distribution throught its own networks, thereby
(possibly) reducing the costs, even. No?

So, instead of wasting time on anything else, I believe we should all focus
our energies on finding a way to get this stupid law out of the way. That
is what we should be discussing.

I don't remember if Mugo Kibati said that this law be repealed.